The Foundation provides scholarship funding for Spanish-speaking bilingual Fort Bend County students obtaining a Master’s of Social Work degree from the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work.
One scholarship: $41,000 (over two years) for a full-time, bilingual student in traditional program
One scholarship: $41,000 (over three years) for part-time, bilingual student in hybrid program
To Be Eligible, Applicants Must:
- be a Fort Bend County resident
- be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- be accepted into the UH Graduate College of Social Work Program with a concentration in Clinical or Macro Social Work practice
- be enrolled full time (for the traditional program) and part time for the hybrid program)
- be bilingual in English and Spanish or other language that represents residents of Fort Bend County and meets community needs
- be willing to complete field placements in Fort Bend County
- be committed to working with Spanish-speaking clients in Fort Bend County for two years after receiving the M.S.W. degree
- be able to demonstrate financial need
Applicants will be notified by the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work.
The Social Work Scholarship program is administered by the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. Scholarship recipients are not selected by The George Foundation Trustees or Staff. Please do not mail application packets to The George Foundation
To learn more about the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work visit www.uh.edu/socialwork/.
To apply or for questions about this scholarship program please contact:
University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work
College Recruitment Manager