Overview & Eligibility
Youth in Philanthropy is a six-month journey designed to develop the leaders of tomorrow by energizing students to serve their community today.
The Youth in Philanthropy program (commonly referred to as YIP) brings together high school juniors and seniors from across Fort Bend County to grow as leaders and actively engage with the nonprofit sector serving our community. Students commit their time and talents to six Saturdays to serve and experience local nonprofits supporting Fort Bend County. At the conclusion of their six-month journey, students have the opportunity to direct grant awards funded by The George Foundation to the participating nonprofits through a collaborative process with their YIP peers. Additionally, participants are eligible to apply for community-funded scholarships exclusively for YIP participants.
Youth in Philanthropy is a competitive application process with limited capacity that strives to attract strong student leaders from across Fort Bend County with a commitment to personal growth, community, and collaboration.
Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible to apply for the YIP program:
- Junior or Senior at the start of the school year
- Attend a high school located in Fort Bend County
- Maintain good standing with high school
- Receive consent from a Parent or Guardian
YIP Schedule 2023-2024
Volunteer Session #1
Volunteer Session #2
Volunteer Session #3
Volunteer Session #4
Evaluation Session (Mandatory)
Investment in Youth Luncheon*
*Date is subject to change.
YIP participants are required to attend mandatory sessions and at lease 3 of 4 Volunteer Sessions.’
- Youth in Philanthropy F.A.Q.’s
- Youth in Philanthropy Survival Guide for Participating Students
- Youth in Philanthropy F.A.Q.’s (Spanish)
- Youth in Philanthropy Survival Guide for Participating Students (Spanish)