Title of Scholarship(s):
The Honorable Hilmar G. Moore Endowed Scholarship
Entering freshman students must complete the Apply Texas Application for The University of Texas at Austin by December 1 of the fall semester of their senior year in high school.
Continuing and transfer students must complete the UT Austin Continuing & Transfer Scholarship Application by April 1 to be considered.
All applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 15.
Click here for more information about this scholarship.
- Recipients must have resided in or matriculated from a school in Fort Bend County, Texas.
- Recipients must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Students graduating from high schools in Fort Bend County, Texas may apply upon admission to UT Austin or as undergraduates already enrolled at the University.
- Students applying from high school must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Recipients are eligible for renewable support each year if they show marked progress toward their degree(s) and will not be required to formally reapply.
- Students applying for the first time as enrolled undergraduates at the University must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Financial need, leadership qualities, and evidence of community service will be considered in selecting recipients from the pool of those who meet the minimum GPA requirements.
- Recipients must be enrolled full time at the University to be eligible to receive awards. Exceptions to this requirement may be made for students in their final semester prior to graduation if a less-than-full-time course load will enable the students to complete their degree requirements.