The George Foundation is a charitable, private 501(c)(3) foundation, established by Mamie and Albert George and dedicated to supporting the Fort Bend County community through its grant making efforts.
With its resources, mission, history and solid foundation, The George Foundation opens up possibilities, opportunities, connections and potential for the communities and future prosperity of Fort Bend County.
Although the acres of land, fertile soil and discovery of oil led to the creation of The George Foundation, it was the integrity, compassion and service of Mrs. Mamie E. George that guided its mission.
Her greatest contribution was the selfless act of helping others…true altruism…that embodies the foundation’s purpose and direction.
Calendar of Events
- December 24, 25 and 26 – George Foundation Office Closed for the Christmas Holidays
- January 1 – George Foundation Office Closed for New Year’s Day Holiday
- January 10 – YIP Volunteer Session #3
- January 15 – Quarterly Deadline for Grant Proposals
- March 15 – Application deadline for The George Foundation High School Scholarship and The George Foundation Higher Education Scholarship